Apple’s long-teased wireless speaker HomePod will finally arrive in stores Feb. 9 and is already available to order online.
Here are 10 things to know about HomePod:
- It’s just under 7 inches tall.
- Using spatial awareness to sense its location in the room, it automatically adjusts the audio to sound great wherever it is placed.
- It features a large woofer for deep bass, and a custom array of seven beam-forming tweeters that provide pure high frequency acoustics with directional control.
- With an array of six microphones, HomePod can hear “Hey Siri” from across the room, even when loud music is playing.
- Setup is as easy. Simply hold an iPhone next to HomePod and it’s ready to start playing music in seconds. The Siri waveform appears on the top to indicate when Siri is engaged, and integrated touch controls also allow easy navigation.
- HomePod is designed to work with an Apple Music subscription.
- HomePod can handle advanced searches within Apple Music’s catalog, so users can ask questions like, “Hey Siri, when was this song released?” or “Hey Siri, can you play something totally different?” to change the mood.
- Watch out Alexa, it can send messages, set timers and reminders, check the weather and listen to shows on Apple Podcasts.
- With support for HomeKit, HomePod can control hundreds of home accessories like turn on the lights, raise the shades, set the desired temperature or make other adjustments.
- Coming later this year in a free software update, users will be able to play music throughout the house with multi-room audio.
One thought on “10 Things to Know about Apple’s HomePod”
Comments are closed.