We love it when automakers understand that we want to have some fun with our cars and look good doing it.
That’s why we were thrilled to hear that drifting champ Vaughn Gittin Jr. and his RTR Vehicles team are working with Ford Performance to have some fun with the new Series 1 Mustang RTR.
However, only 500 Series 1 Mustang RTR conversion kits will be sold and installed at select Ford dealers, starting in early 2019. The limited-edition Mustang can be had with the turbocharged 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder or the 5.0-liter Coyote V-8.
The Ford Performance suspension has adjustable sway bars that can change the chassis balance for either passive or MagneRide suspensions to suit twisty backroad driving, laying down lap times, drifting or blasting down a drag strip.
Here’s a look at what else you get:
- Staggered wheel and tire package – 19 x 9.5-inch front and 19 x 10-inch rear
- Performance Pack 1 spoiler with RTR Gurney flap
- RTR grill with lighting, body and aerodynamics packages, and graphics that signal the car’s performance motives
- RTR fender badges, floor mats, shift knob and puddle lamps for even more custom touches
- RTR Powered by Ford Performance deck lid trim panel badging and radiator cover badge
- Serialized dash plaque, illuminated RTR Powered by Ford Performance sill plates and certificate of authenticity