For anyone who’s seen the iconic movie “Bullitt,” you remember two things: Steve McQueen and his outrageously modified 1968 Mustang GT fastback, which is responsible for one of the greatest chase scenes in cinematic history.
To celebrate the movie’s 50th anniversary, Ford is releasing a tribute car, the 2019 Mustang Bullitt.
Here’s what you get:
• 5.0-liter V8 engine that packs at least 475 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque and tops out at 163 mph.
• A manual transmission, and the gear shifter features a white cue ball shift knob as a nod to the original.
• An active valve performance exhaust system is standard with new Black NitroPlate exhaust tips, and retuned to give the car a signature burble, as well as new Open Air Induction System and Shelby GT350 intake manifold with 87mm throttle bodies and powertrain control module calibration for optimal performance.
• Exterior paint choices are limited to Shadow Black and the classic Dark Highland Green.
• Interior highlights include 12-inch all-digital LCD instrument cluster and available black leather-trimmed seats with unique green accent stitching
• Classic torque thrust 19-inch aluminum wheels, red painted Brembo brakes, and a unique black front grille.
• Minimal badging; only the circular faux gas cap Bullitt logo on the rear center is visible on the exterior.